Bob's Blog: T.Y.F.D

Sunday, August 07, 2005

T.Y.F.D

I dedicate this post to my brother, Randall, who is a volunteer fireman. Last night was a very exciting and new experience for him. He actually went into a burning house and help put out a fire. Although this fire was just a training fire, it was still very real and hot. An old abandon house was donated to Pilot VFD (Volunteer Fire Department), so they invited several other Fire Departments to come and have a time for training and practice. Around 50 or more firemen and women showed up for the event. They devided up in to teams of 4. The house was then set on fire, and each team had a chance to put the fire out.

The smell of the smoke and seeing the house burning brought back some scary memories of our housefire around 5 years ago. Ill never forget comming home from school and going into the house that was full of smoke. When I realized that it wasn't just the toaster or oven smoking I knew it was serious. I then called 911 and it was up to the fire department to save our house. They were able to put out the fire before it spread and we were able to save some stuff. Anyways, my point being T.Y.F.D Thank You Fire Department! I support my brother all the way! There are pictures of last night on Flickr too!

One more thing... I posted earlier about my brother breaking his nose. Well, tomorrow he has to go in for surgery. They are going to move the bones, which splintered in his nose, back into place. Please pray for him, and that he will recover quickly. He will start his new job as soon as he is able to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay C said...

Tell your brother I send my best and that I said Welcome to the brotherhood. Its always awesome to see someone willing to put the lives and safety of others above their own, and work selflessly to help others. Reminds me of another man I know of, named Jesus. Being that my dad is a police officer, and my brother is also a firefighter/police officer, I wholeheartedly respect what your brother is doing. Congratulations, and good luck with the surgery. :)

6:55 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Meachem said...

found your blog because we share an interest in tragedy ann... will pray for your brother. what a brave guy! you are, too, with calling 911 on your housefire and all. enjoyed your blog :^)

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home